David
各 read as onyomi or kunyomi in compound words Hello everyone! Complete sentence: 正弦や余弦の性質のおかげで、この和に現れる各波の量を積分によって復元することができる。 I stumbled across a word "各波", but I'm not sure about the pronounciation. Is it かくは(音読み), かくなみ or おのおのなみ? The rule I've learnt so far is to use onyomi for any compounds. But since the word probably means "every wave", かくなみ would be my first guess. Are all three pronounciations fine, or is one of these completely wrong? Thanks in advance!
3
1
Since I'm bad at sience and mathematics, I'm not sure what you are talking about, I think about "each waves in the sea". If so, I would read かくなみ but in the specialized study, I have no idea, however, おのおのなみ is incorrect, it should be おのおののなみ (各々の波). If you are talking about something that are originally read は, like α波、β波 (アルファは、ベータは), I would read かくは. Please wait for the correct answer.
I'll bet it's かくは, because 各人 (every person) is read かくじん rather than かくひと。。。but really, I would like to know as well.
http://www.weblio.jp/content/%E8%A7%92%E6%B3%A2 This is another way of writing it. The Kanji is hard to find though, what dictionaries did you use ^^?
David
English, German, Japanese, Korean
Japanese, Korean