sujeong
Plz explain these... I'd like to get my Hans on a watch like that. I'd like to get my hands on a pants like you. I'd like to get my hands on speaking English well like you. All sentences are ok??? I'd like to get my hands ~~~.= I want to have~.
4
0
The first one should say "hands" instead of "Hans". The second one shouldn't include the "a" since "pants" is plural. Also, you can't say "like you" because the "like" in this construction modifies the thing, which here is "pants", but you could say "like yours" or "like the ones you have". The third one is wrong, "I'd like to get my hands on [something]" only works with physical things.
"I'd like to get my hands on" is a phrase that only applies to physical things. That is, it can only be used with objects that one can literally put his hands on. The first sentence is OK, the second should be "...on pants like yours", and the last one doesn't work because English isn't a physical object.
sujeong