Hope
한국어로 "to seem" 어떻게 말해요? 예를 들면: You seem quite today. You seem like you are having some trouble with that.
7
0
Seem means guess, regarded as, looks like, conceived as etc. In Korean, ~인것 같다 ~로 여겨지다 ~라고 생각되네요 ~처럼 보인다 Etc. So, your question; You seem quite today. 오늘 차분해 보이네요 You seem like you are having some trouble with that.그걸로 힘들어 하는 사람처럼 보이는군요. / 힘들어하는것같아요.
Thank you, I'll have a look!
I highly recommend... Korean Grammar in Use series (textbook) and Talk to Me in Korean series (podcasts, videos, books)
In English, we use words to express meaning and feeling. In Korean, the focus is far more on using grammar patterns/structures instead. So there is no one word (like in English, "seem") to use in Korean. There's different grammatical constructions with different nuances and appropriate situations. Grammar is much different in Korean than in English (as in more emphasized, important, unique, nuanced, etc), so people get into a habit of being too literal or stiff.
My level is basically the beginning...-ish. Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't insulted - I mean, I probably would have gone in a huff if I had started, but I haven't. I actually had forgotten to find some grammar books, etc. So thanks for the reminder!
Hope
Danish, English, German
Danish, German