Community Web Version Now Available
I am looking for an English word for this. Could you please help me? Thank you! When a carpenter makes some furniture, he may saw some wood(or any other material) off, etc... Is there an English word for this kind of wood/other material which a carpenter doesn't need for furniture? It may not only one English word, and I want to know how to express this in English. Thank you!wood trim?
Jun 20, 2015 6:43 AM
Answers · 6
Off cuts, scrap wood (or just scrap) - can't say there is an official term but that is what I'd call them (btw my dad is a carpenter)
June 20, 2015
I'm not a carpenter or anything but to me that would be called an 'off cut'.
June 20, 2015
Yes 'off cut' or 'butt-end' or 'wood block' My father was a cabinet maker and frame maker, and my childhood was spent playing with wood off cuts in an era before Lego. My parents were too poor to buy Meccano back then - oh poor poor me haha
June 25, 2015
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English
Learning Language