Victoria Tran
Please help me to explain the meaning of this sentence In my reading IELTS passage, there is a sentence like " they are sensitive to differing learning styles" How should I understand this sentence whether it means " they are strongly influenced by differing learning styles" or " they find it difficult to get on well with differing learning styles"?
3
0
A teacher may be sensitive to different learning styles by recognising that different pupils learn in different ways (learning styles) so they make adjustments to their teaching methods to help the pupils. Some pupils are better having things explained to them verbally, others like to see pictures etc. Making the changes to their teaching methods is being aware of (sensitive to) differering learning styles and adjusting accordingly.
A good teacher is 'sensitive to' means that the teacher 'is aware of OR recognizes' the different learning styles of the students.
Victoria Tran
English, Vietnamese