Shinji
Is This Sentence Past Tense? I have a question about the following sentence. Mi sono gia' esecitata al piaoforte oggi. What I want to know is the grammar of this sentence. If this sentence is past tense, I thought it would be simply "Ho gia' esercitato al pianoforte oggi." Why "Mi sono"? Why esecitat"a"? Thank you.
20 giu 2015 17:31
8
0
Hi! Yes, this is a past tense and now I'll tell you why. 1) The verb is "esercitarsi" which is a reflexive verb. That way you find "mi" 'cause it needs reflexive pronuns. 2) The whole past tense is "passato prossimo" made of "subject + auxiliar ( be/have) + past participle of the verb. -> Io (subject ) + mi ( reflexive pronun) + sono (auxiliar) + già (adverb) + esercitata ( past participle of "esercitarsi") + other complements. I hope to have been clear. Bye bye :D
20 giugno 2015
=== In addition to what Olga said: You could say, for example: Ho gia' esercitato la mia concentrazione e le mie mani al pianoforte oggi. Here you are using direct objects (concentrazione, mani) so you need a transitive form, that is given by 'Io ho esercitato'.
21 giugno 2015
Because you are performing the action and it comes back to you...
21 giugno 2015
Shinji
English, Italian, Japanese
English, Italian