emar
though Undrrstand " though" as " although or however ' but usually used at the end of the sentence.but when I said thr following : I have a cold and I can't go tomorrow but I will be fine to go next week though. I wondered if " though implies something negative .I mean, is it used when your remark is not good.? In Which case my ex would not make much sense Or is it just a wrong impression? Hope you get my idea Thsnks
2
0
'Though' at the end of a phrase has same meaning as 'but' at the beginning of it. 'I have a cold and I can't go tomorrow, but I will be fine to go next week.' = 'I have a cold and I can't go tomorrow. I will be fine to go next week, though.' There is no need to have both 'but' and 'though' in the same sentence, as they both serve the same purpose. If you have both, 'though' simply reinforces the 'but'. It's not necessarily a negative - it's just a contrast between tomorrow and next week.
Yes the word "though" usually implies a contrast or a negative. For example "I am very bad at maths.I am excellent at languages,though".
emar