HyunWook Park
I want to see Jurassic world or I want to watch Jurassic world? I want to see Jurassic world or I want to watch Jurassic world? Which one is correct? Are both of them correct? Until now, I have thought that the first one is wrong. However, I have heard many people saying I saw that movie, I want to see that movie and so on. When speaking about a movie or a TV program, Is it fine to use see instead of watch? or Shouldn't I use watch when talking about a movie and a TV program? (Do I need to input 'a' before movie and TV program?) Thanks a lot for your help in advance. Hyunwook
4
1
Yes, it is fine, and natural, to say 'see' for films, especially if you go to the cinema to see them. You can also say 'see' for films and TV programmes which you see at home. NB I'm obviously using British English vocabulary and spelling here, but the verb use of 'see' is the same, regardless of whether you use US or GB English. And yes, you do need to put 'a' before 'movie' and 'TV program' in these sentences. These are singular countable nouns, so you have to use an article.
It would be better to use "Watch" over "See". To see is just you "look" not as whole movie. and Watch is your Streaming as a Whole Movie. The two has slightly difference. But anyway. Wanna Really Watch Jurassic World Online? here free: http://moviepimp.net/2015/06/23/jurassic-world-full-movie-2015/
I would normally say that I want to see a movie, or that I saw a movie. I would use "watch" if I happened to be describing the process. As I think about it, I realize that "watch" tends to be used as a progressive tense. We would use "see" if we're thinking of it as a single action. For example, "I was watching the movie when my friend came over. So we watched it together. I'm glad I saw it." Your English is very good, and you're looking at subtle distinctions!
HyunWook Park
English, German, Japanese, Korean
English, German, Japanese