Eva
I want to read my first book in English, what book would you choose?
5
0
Fifty Shades of Grey. Hahaha just kidding. It depends on your english level I guess
I agree that it depends on your English level. If you have an intermediate level, I would suggest that you choose a book you enjoyed reading in Spanish and read a translation of it in English. Since you will know the story, you can then focus on getting the meaning from the English and avoid having to look up too many words in the dictionary.
you can read the tragedy of romeo and juliet and hamlet İLYA publication
I would suggest trying the first Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone," by J. R. Rowling. They are not written in easy English but it is not too difficult, and as an (elderly) adult I found all of them enjoyable and engaging. And, of course, it is easy to find a Spanish translation if you get stuck. Another suggestion is George Orwell's "Animal Farm," available at no cost through Project Gutenberg Australia: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100011h.html George Orwell writes in a beautiful English prose style. It is direct, plain, and clear. "Animal Farm" is short. It is NOT intended for children. It is actually a political allegory about the Russian revolution and a betrayal of its ideals by Stalin, but I did not understand that when I read it at age 12, and I enjoyed it anyway.
I choose level one for you
Eva