آنا
What does "vs" mean please? I know we can use it when I compare something and something, but I think it isn't a real word because I can't find it in dictionary(It sounds funny). I guess it's a "+"abbreviation, and I need the "-"abbreviation. E.g. add.=>address, so, vs=>? that's what I'm trying to ask!
6
0
"Vs" is short for "Versus" And it's mostly used for Comparing people, or other things. For example: Who would win in a fight _ vs _? I hope that helps.
"Vs." means "versus," and "versus" means "against." It can be a legal term. Court cases are described, for example, as "James T. Brown versus the Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas." James T. Brown and the Board of Education were on two sides of the legal battle. In legal terminology, "versus" is just abbreviated "v." It's used to describe athletic contests. "I have tickets for the Red Sox vs. the Royals." It can be used to describe a point-by-point comparison, where two things are being compared as if they were in competition against each other. "Let's compare Windows versus Macintosh computers on speed, price, and ease of use."
آنا
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, German
Arabic, English