Jill
Looking for Good English Shows Any good English programs, movies, or entertainment shows for recommendation?
6
0
Is it for language learning or general entertainment? "Only Fools and Horses" has been a very popular comedy programme for a long time. There is a lot of slang and regional expressions that may be confusing to non-fluent speakers. If you browse the BBC you can probably find something in a category you're interested in. You may not be able to play it if you're not located in the UK but you might be able to find specific programmes elsewhere.
"Downton Abbey" is still very popular. I sometimes use nature documentaries in lessons e.g. from the BBC, as there is a good mixture of the visual and the verbal. I saw a series a while ago called "Wild China" - about Chinese wildlife which was fascinating. In terms of humour, "Paddington Bear" and "Wallace and Grommit" are both great.
Sorry for being confusing! ^^ I mean anything in English.
When you say "English programs", are you asking for programs from England specifically or just anything in English?
Jill
French