What are some of your favorite or recommended self-study exercises?
I am particularly fond of doing these things:
* Watching Hungarian movies without subtitles
* Using google translate and making up sentences with complex elements, covering up the English translation side while trying to type it out in Hungarian, then looking to see if I'm correct or close to it (knowing that google translate is not correct a lot of times either)
* Memrise for pure vocabulary building
* Writing conjugation tables unassisted for front and back vowel verbs (e.g. csinál/énekel)
* Writing a noun (such as asztal) and trying to use the correct placement endings (asztalra, asztalon, asztalról or bolt: boltba, boltban, boltból).
* Composing something and crowdsourcing corrections (such as italki :-) )
What do others do?