Well. It goes like this... You turn on your word processor and start writing. :)
Sorry, pal. You had it coming.
1. You make an outline.
2. You begin to write according to that plan, and you do it one word at a time.
3. You do it until it's ready.
4. After the first draft is finished, you leave it alone for, say, two months.
5. Two months later, when your memory of the novel is no longer as fresh in your mind as it used to be, you begin to edit.
6. You either write a query letter to an agent, or, if self publishing is your choice, you publish it on Kindle.