Carmen
is this sentence correct? Finally, I understand that sometimes our relationships with friends and with family become damaged, but I would recommend that everybody gives another opportunity to their close people, because people who appreciate us are priceless, whether or not they are part of our family or just friends.
5
0
Finally, I understand that sometimes our relationships with friends and family can be damaged. I would recommend that everybody give another opportunity to those close to them, because people who appreciate us are priceless, whether or not they are part of our family or just friends.
Finally, I understand that sometimes our relationships with friends and family can become strained. (In the U.S., “strained” is most commonly used because it means “stretched in a negative way” but does not mean “permanently hurt.”) I recommend that everybody give those close to them another chance (“another chance” is more common here) because people who appreciate us are priceless, whether they are part of our family or just friends. (“or not” is unnecessary because if they’re not part of our family, they are probably our friends, right?) Nonetheless, (we often use “nevertheless” here in the active voice) I love to celebrate my birthday with both my family and my close friends. (Readers assume that your family is “close” but perhaps you don’t spend your birthday with just any friends, only your close friends.)
Then, is this sentence correct?: - 'Nonetheless, I love to celebrate my birthday with some friends and with my close family'.
Most of this paragraph is correct. The only bit that is not it when you said " opportunity to their close people". What you should say is " everybody gives another opportunity to the people that are close to them". I hope this makes sense. In English close people is not right, it is people that are close to us. Emma :)
Carmen