Wu Ting
How would you interpret this phrase “star-eyed”? It’s hard to guess why the publisher needed to call Mrs. Brown with that stunning figure from the clip service. Can it be they are pleased? Because they are rid of me now? The receptionists at Stratford’s are star-eyed at the measure of my infamy; they have no capacity to resist it. The reach of the quote has gone far beyond any readership of mine, by a hundredfold, bringing joy to people with no prior knowledge of my prowess. It’s bracing in these times. A man you can love to despise. How would you interpret this phrase “star-eyed” in the fourth sentence? Thanks. And this excerpt is taken from The Lacuna by Kingsolver.
2015년 6월 27일 오전 7:04
1
0
I think that it is a combination of 'star-struck' and 'starry-eyed', but with more the meaning of 'star-struck'. The receptionists are behaving like teenage girls at a concert, or in front of a film star.
2015년 6월 27일
Wu Ting