Magicshorts
Many wells many buckets? A proverb goes "Many wells, many buckets." What can I infer from this proverb? I mean, is it a metaphor of something?
4
0
It probably means that every person has their own opinion, each one is slightly different than the other.
I've never heard of it before. I looked it up on the Net and I found some references to the phrase in very old books but none of them made it clear what the meaning was. If I had to guess, I'd say it meant something like there are many different ways to live or do things and none of them are better than any other. Perhaps it's a response when someone is believes strongly that something should be done a certain way but they should really be more tolerant of differences. It might be common in places outside the UK so I'd like to see others' opinions.
Magicshorts
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwanese), English