imin
I don't get this sentence. "We're interested in having Barry give it a road test" Here is the full sentence. "We’d like to. We’re especially interested in having Barry, our columnist, give it a road test before April’s New City motorcycle festival. Is that possible?" What is the meaning of Have in that sentence? Is it like ordering someone to do? For example, He had the bouncers throw them out of the clue. Please show me another example sentence.
2015年6月28日 01:47
2
0
Have:it's Literal meaning We are interested in having Barry to be our tester. Example:We are glad to have you in our school.
2015年6月28日
Yes, the "have" in the sentence means that they want to make the thing happen. They want to have Barry road test the motorcycle = They want Barry to road test the motorcycle. Your bouncer sentence uses it the same way. Some more examples: I want to have my luggage brought to my room. She wants to have her party on the lawn. They want to have everyone make their own costumes. Hope that helps!
2015年6月28日
imin