shen
Who was Sebastian ? The name appears in a text in NEW CONCEPT ENGLISH When visiting a friend, the narrater found a skeleton in the cupboard. He went to tell his finding to his friend, and his friend answered as below: "That's Sebastian. You forget that I was a medical student once upon a time." So my question is who Sebastian was ? Thousands of thanks for answer!
haha! I'm guessing, but I think Sebastian is the skeleton (head). Medical students have a habit of naming the skeleton they use to study human bones.
Sebastian is a given name derived from a Latin name meaning "from Sebaste." The name of the town in Asia Minor was derived from the Greek σεβαστος, or sebastos, meaning "venerable." This was a Greek translation of the title Augustus, which was used for Roman emperors. Sebastian became a widely used name because it was the name of Saint Sebastian, a third century Christian martyr. The name has been increasing in popularity in different countries. In the United States, it was the 71st most popular name for boys born in 2007. It was the 86th most popular name for boys born in England and Wales in 2007, the 38th most popular name for boys born in Sweden in 2007, the 13th most popular name for boys born in Norway in 2007, the fifth most popular name for boys born in Chile in 2006, It was the 59th most popular name for boys born in New South Wales, Australia in 2007.[1]