Viviane Porto
How can we use "to" or "for" correctly?
first off the words to, too, and two are homophones: they sound alike but have different meanings. The preposition to refers to a place, direction, or position. To is also used before the verb in an infinitive. The adverb too means "also" or "excessively." Two refers to the number 2. Examples: Meg was too tired to walk home. I was tired, too. The two of us walked to a phone booth, and I called for a cab. "Ferris, please. You've gone too far. We're going to get busted." (Mia Sara as Sloane in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 1986) For: for the love of god what are you doing this is for you I got this for you we are going out for a movie we are going out for food we are going out for dinner tonight if not for her I would have been lost. not sure if this answers your question, but you are asking about two of the most common words in the english language.
i'm here to help ( verb ) you. i bought a new car for my wife (noun) => to + a verb => for + a noun / pronoun
Viviane Porto
English, Portuguese