Chris
What are the differences between these words? depression-dejection poly-tactic chance-opportunity plus: Is toilet the proper meaning to restroom?
Depression and Dejection mean the same thing but depression is more comonly used. Chance- means there is a possibility but it is not certain. Example... " there is a chance I could win the lottery but it is not certain that I will". Opportunity- an appropriate time or situation to do something. Example... "meeting my english friend gave me an opportunity to pratice my english" Toilet is a word used for a restroom you could also use, loo, public convenience, or lavatory there are many words but toilet or restroom are the most polite ones to use :) Hope this helps :)
Chance can mean opportunity, again the sentence "Now is your chance to win." But chance can also mean other things, like probability and risk. "There is a 50 percent chance of rain." Chance has multiple definitions.
Chris
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, Spanish, Thai
English, Spanish, Thai