HyunWook Park
Can I say ' I am majoring in International Trade' ? Can I say ' I am majoring in International Trade' ? What I mean is my major is International Trade at my university and I am studying international trade at my university :) Thanks a lot for your help in advance. Cheers! Hyunwook
Yes, it's absolutely fine to say 'I'm majoring in xxx'. We are using 'major' here as a transitive verb in the present continuous.
I think you can't say I am majoring in subject but I am majored in subject. because when major + subject, it should be used in passive form :)
DON'T use the passive form. You just need to say' I major in International Trade'. 'Major in' is a phrase. You can refer to Oxford dictionary. And I say ' major in ‘ to my foreign teachers all the time, it's correct. But ' I am majoring in XXX' is also right. It depends on different occasions. But i never say that.
HyunWook Park
Japanese, Korean
Japanese