Roberto
What's better: Simplified or traditional chinese? I've been learning traditional chinese characters because my teacher was from Taiwan, but I heard that the simplified is more used, is this true?
If you are going to meet and deal with many Chinese ppl from different places, you would probably need to read both simplified and traditional Chinese. The simplified is easier to learn with no doubts. And there are certain rules to transform characters between simplified and traditional. so, if u'v leant the simplified characters well, u can "guess" the simplified version of a traditional character, at least most of the time, by its assembly pattern, pronunciations or meanings of its main parts, or even by its shape. However "guessing" not so easy backwards cuz those simplified characters r supposed to be less "detailed" with few clues in them for u to guess. well, my point is, simplified chinese is easer for u to learn itself, and easier for u to learn the other.
Simplified Chinese is the standard Chinese in mainland. Other Chinese in the world are mostly using Traditional Chinese, such as people in Taiwan, HongKong, Singapore, etc... I think simplified Chinese is at least easier to write. Although few people use pen to write now. We are hitting the keyboard. Aren't you? :)
当然简体字。我写得快。在电脑很清楚。简体字。。。简单比别的好。
for a beginner of Chinses Learning, i recommand u of learning the simplified one, coz much easier and more widly used....
I think sinmplified chinese is more easy to know,byt traditional chinese looks more cool