Mmboji Thabit
What are the best methods in spoken english class as a teacher? I am struggling to attract my students in the class.
As a teacher I share your dilemma. You can't be a performer everyday. Divide your lesson into sections of time. For example tell the class that today we are going to be journalists & practise interviews[ they can use a pen as a microphone] Divide the students into pairs.Write the interview questions o the board that you want the students to ask each other, depending on their level of vocab, eg what's your name? where do you live? How many brothers & sister do you have etc. Each pair interviews each other and then writes down their friend's answer. Give them 10 minutes. Then each pair comes up to the front of the class and interviews each other. The class can vote for the best interview. That pair can leave class 2-3 minutes early as a reward. For more tips, see my curriculum resources page.