Fattah
時々、時間、間 In English all of these words means about the same, but how do they differ in Japanese?
Hi Mohamad, 時々 means "sometimes." 「私は時々テレビを見ます。」 = "I sometimes watch TV." 時間 means "time" or "hour." 「2時間テレビを見ました。」 = "(I) watched TV for two hours." 間 means "interval" or "period." It can also be used like "between," so it doesn't necessarily have to be used with time. 「夕食の間にテレビを見ます。」 = "(I will) watch TV during dinner." 「夕食の間」 is like "the period of time for dinner." I'm not a native speaker, but I hope this helps. You may want to wait for a native speaker if you want a better answer.
Zack's comment was absolutely correct. No need to say any more.
Thanks so much Zack. ありがとうございます!
時 also means "time." 「2時です。」 = "It is 2 o'clock." 「子供の時、テレビを見ました。」 = "When (I) was a kid, (I) watched TV." 「子供の時」 is like "the time of being a child" (I know it sounds weird in English). If you want to say something like, "at the time..." I would probably use 当時 instead of 瞬間. 瞬間 means "instant" or "moment," so I think you could use it to say something like, "the instant I heard the phone ring, I knew who was calling." I don't know how to use this word very well, though. 当時, on the other hand, means "at that time" or "in those days." 「当時、よくテレビを見ました。」 = "At the time, I watched a lot of TV." You're probably sick of the watching TV examples, but I tried to keep everything similar, haha! Hope this helps. But again, you may want to double-check with a native speaker. :)
間違いなかった, I meant to ask about 時 instead of 時々. Also, I forget to ask about 瞬間. For example, if I want to recall something in the past and say "at that time...", which one should I use? Thanks for the answer though (especially on the word 間). P/s: I just realized that toki + aida = jikan :)
Fattah
Arabic, English, German, Japanese, Malay
Arabic, German, Japanese