Ada
what is the difference in except,except for,but for? 1.we have lessons every day __ sunday. 2.the wall is bare __a map. 3.the composition would be good __ a few mistakes. choose the correct word tom fill in .
仅供参考: “except”后接的词同整体词(主语)一般是同类,指在同类的整体中除去一个部分。而“except for”后接的词同句子中的整体词(主语)不是同类的,指从整体中除去一个细节或一个方面。 except:I can answer all the questions except for the last one. 除了最后一题外,所有题目我都能解答。 except for:Your composition is very good except for a few grammar mistakes. 除了几处语法错误外,你的作文写得很好。 这样比较你能否体会到两者的差异?
画龙点睛,"except"和"except for"区别如下: 1,except:引出主要陈述内容中唯一未被包括在内的人或事。 There was nothing left except a few bricks. (除了几块砖头外,别的什么也没剩下) 2,except for:表示主要陈述内容中唯一没有考虑到的人或事。 His mind was empty except for thoughts of her. (他的心中除了牵挂她之外,其它都是一片空白)
what's the difference between "except", "except for", & "but for"? 1. except: (1) 用作介词,后接名词:We haven't told anyone except Leslie. (除了Leslie之外,我没有告诉任何人) (2) 用作连词,后接从句或副词短语:I'd go and see him myself, except I don't know where he lives. (我想自己去看他,只不过我不知道他住在哪里) (3) 用于that, when, if, 等连词前:I don't know much about the man, except that he's a fool. (我只知道这个男人是个傻瓜,其它情况不太清楚) 2. except for: (1) Everything was perfect except for the weather. (除了天气之外,一切都很完美) (2) She was dressed all in black except for a white lace collar. (她身穿一袭黑衣,只有衣领上有白色花边) 3. but for: (1) 除了:The work was now complete, but for a final coat of paint. (除了最后一层油漆,现在的活儿都干完了) (2) 要不是,如果没有: A:Lee would certainly have been included in the team, but for his recent injury. (要不是“李”最近受伤了,肯定会被选入队里) B:But for your timely warning, we would have been unawared of the danger. (要不是你及时警告,我们不会意识到危险)
1. except 2. except for 3. but for JiaJia's examples are good.
1.except 2.but for 3.except for