mini
Please tell me below lines in too simple spoken language.Explaination of each two lines till the end. For now we see through a glass, darkly First Epistle of Paul to the Corinthians (Bible, 1 Corinthians 13, verse 11) When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
I think we see through the glass, darkly, when we do not know the Word of God, what God needs from us, what he want us to do. In the period of Paul many people were pagans. He travelled and spreaded teachings of Jesus as other apostols did.
So after that Paul started preaching. In this verse - Bible, 1 Corinthians 13, verse 11 - he explains that when he was child he need what children need. But when man grows he needs more than child need. It is not only related to him but to people in general. That in particular age we need something particular.
We know that Paul was faricee. Once Jesus appeared in the 9 chapter of Acts - And he afell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, bSaul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am aJesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to bkick against the pricks. 6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, awhat wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
1 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.For now we see through a aglass, bdarkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. - it is written - spake, maybe it is old english? So, I came across word behold - it was also used before but not now.
I am Muslim but I think the verses you typed in here would be better understood if you read the whole story/page/verse..I am not sure what you call it.. plus there is probably an error in your typing, it should be "I spOke as a child" not "spAke" :)