use of lame So, what's the best situation to use lame? how is it different from feeble, weak?
If you have to go somewhere & you don't want to, you can give a lame excuse such as, Sorry I can't go out with you, I have to wash my hair.
This question is lame. ;)
"lame" is different because it lends itself more towards slang & informal conversation situations. I'd use it to describe an unsophisticated person or an action that's beyond stupid.
When someone does something ridiculous, weak, annoying, ... For example if you'r playing basketball with someone, you are dribbling the ball. He pushes you hard on the floor, takes the ball, and scores. Then you can call his action lame (it was really not funny, it was dishonest and annoying).
LoL It is more slangy than its orignial use Here's what Dictionary.com says (I note they didn't include "stupid/foolish"): lame1 adjective, lam·er, lam·est, verb, lamed, lam·ing, noun –adjective 1. crippled or physically disabled, esp. in the foot or leg so as to limp or walk with difficulty. 2. impaired or disabled through defect or injury: a lame arm. 3. weak; inadequate; unsatisfactory; clumsy: a lame excuse. 4. Slang. out of touch with modern fads or trends; unsophisticated. –verb (used with object) 5. to make lame or defective. –noun 6. Slang. a person who is out of touch with modern fads or trends, esp. one who is unsophisticated. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [Origin: bef. 900; ME (adj. and v.); OE lama (adj.); c. D lam, G lahm, ON lami; akin to Lith lúomas]