Helen
What's the best answer to HOW ARE YOU? we learn it from the textbook in the primary school. HOW are you? Fine. Thank you.And you? Someone told me it's not the best answer.
The best answer is a sincere one. You have to consider how much you want the inquirer to know about your situation. You might tell your mom "I want to die" but tell your boss "Could be worse." By the way, If someone asks you 'how do you do,' you should not answer. Just say it back.
That is good but there are many replies you can use. "Fine, thank you, and you?" Is a little formal and neutral. "I am well, thank you, and how are you?" Is formal and positive. "I'm good, thanks. How about you?" Is informal and positive. "Fine, you?" Is informal and neutral. With English, intonation (using tones) is not the same as Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese. Tones do not change the meaning of the words but they do express emotion and subtle ideas. Your intonation is almost more important than the words in this phrase - it will change the emotion and idea you give out! If you want me to explain more about tones and intonation then send me a message.
also fine thanks for god.what about you?
thats the same sentence always used,using and will use by all at almost alltimes.(Fine thank you and you?).It means that the answer is not from heart.i think u want it from the heart?.They always show up like that.there wud be 1 in 1000 who thinks different,I also never met a person like that in italki.By asking anyone cannot be right thing.Eiher u try to be different or wait for that person.All are copying.i think u should find the person whom u can copy or make others copy u.me great !! signing offf!!!
地道: Im good thanks. Im cool. Not too bad. Not complaining. Surviving. Im alright, what about you? Cool, cool.