joker
presnt perfect or present perfect continuous hi , i have some sentence i hope to find explications answar me quation "why we use the presnt perfect or present perfect continuous ?? " 1. Tom's has got an important job to finish by the end of the month. He (stay) at work until after 10 o'clock three days this week already. 2. Marie has been in Stockholm for a few weeks now. She (stay) with her friend Inga while she's there. 3. I (see) a physiotherapist for a couple of years- ever since I broke my wrist. 4. We reached the top of hill as the sun began to disappear beneath the horizon. It was one of the most spectacular sunsets I (see) in my whole life. 5. A) where have you been all day? B) I (finish) my homework. 6. A) you are looking pleased with yourself. B) Yes, (finish) my last exam and I'm going on holiday tomorrow. 7. A) Do you fancy a game of squash this week end?B) No thanks. I (play) a couple of times before, but I just can't get the hang of it.
Just a couple corrections: 1. HAS STAYED 2. Can also be HAS BEEN STAYING. 3. HAVE BEEN SEEING. 4. can also be HAVE EVER SEEN. 5. FINISHED 6. I FINISHED 7. PLAYED
And the question was : "why we use the present perfect or present perfect continuous ?? " There are too many explanations for them, you could visit this site : www.englishpage.com/verbpage/presentperfect.html
I don't want to be wrong, but I think that in the text there are only examples of present perfect simple and continuous, not past simple, simple continuous or ... We need the help of a teacher for this question , to be sure. 1. Has been staying 2. She has stayed 3. I have been seeing 4. I have seen 5. I have been finishing 6. I have finished 7. I have played
1 .. He HAS STAYED at work...... 2..she IS STAYING.... 3 I SEE a the.... 4 ...had seen 5 ..HAVE BEEN FINISHING... 6 ..HAVE PLAYED...