Denise
how to say no politely? i chat with foreign friends on msn sometimes , some of my friends want to see me with my webcam but i don't want to~~ how to reply in manners??? thanks~~
In general you can say "no, thank you" or "I'd rather not" or "I prefer not to". But here are some possible answers, depending on what they say. Friend: Turn on your webcam! You: No, thank you. Let's keep chatting like this instead. Friend: Do you have a webcam? You: I do, but I prefer not to use it. Thank you for understanding. Friend: Will you turn on your webcam? You: I'd rather not. Thanks for your understanding. Friend: Why don't you turn on your webcam? You: I would prefer not to. Let's keep talking like this instead. Friend: Are you going to use your webcam? You: Maybe some other time. We'll see. (this keeps the option open for the future) Friend: Hey, we can share our images with the webcam. Do you want to? You: Thanks for that offer. I don't want to right now. Let's talk instead.
I don't know how to turn it on as this is not my computer...
you can answer ,.. Sorry , but I won't .. or sorry, i cant.. you can reply any of your reasons then say sorry .
a polite "no" should suffice. true friends understand and respect boundries and differences. if anyone pressures you to do something you don't want to or uncomfortable with: that's not a friend and you shouldn't be sorry or guilty.
Hi Denise. I think it's mostly okay for friends to request using a webcam, but it is also okay for you to answer politely "I don't really enjoy using my webcam, since it's much less relaxing" or something similar. If they insist, then something is wrong. If exchanging language and/or being your friend is their primary goal, then they shouldn't care about the webcam. 若他不接受的話,妳就知道了. 把他的名字(帳號)刪掉就好了.