Metalgreg
決める、~にする what's better to express "decision?" 1.Which situation every of this variants in? 2.Second ~たい、積もり - I know that first is very usefull, but what is the unique of second? They both are needed to express wishness...
This isn't easy to answer. I admit I'm not 100% sure but I will try: 1. I believe both can be used in the same situation to express a decision. But する is like "to do" in English. It has many meanings depending on the context, while 決める has just one meaning, "to decide". So if you use 決める、it is less unambiguous. 2. たい, as you guessed, is to express your wish: e.g. 日本に行きたい (I want to go to Japan). But つもり(Note: using the kanji 積もる is wrong in this context as it means to "accumulate積む") means something you plan to do, although you do not know exactly when. e.g. 日本に行くつもり means "I plan to go to Japan" (but we don't know when). So the first sentence shows the person just wants to do something while the second one is more certain that it will be done even though the date isn't decided yet. I hope this answers your questions.
I meant it is "less ambiguous" instead of "less unambigous" for the last phrase of the 1st paragraph... Sorry for the confusion!