Katia
Need urgent help of native speakers - please, correct my letter! Please, help me if you have a spare minute. I've written an important letter concerning exam results and ask you to check it up and correct the inaccuracies and mistakes. Thank you in advance. Here is the letter: Dear R, yesterday we recieved our IELTS certificates (my husband and I took the exam on 30.08) and were very upset. First o f all, my husband got rather low band for speaking, which seems strange taking into account serious training for IELTS that he had had and the drastic difference between this mark and others. Besides, though the average score of S. is rather high, the inadequate speaking band prevents us from applying for visa. That's why we're going to apeal for the revision of the speaking band as soon as possible. Please, inform us what we should do to have S's speaking re-сhecked. My own situation is also unpleasant. There are no center and validity stamps on my certificate, which makes it invalid. What solution could you offer to correct this negligence?
Hi Katia For the last paragraph: "I also have a problem with my own certificate; there are no center or validity stamps, which makes it invalid. Could you please advise me how to rectify this mistake?" Putting it like this makes it less like you are accusing them of incompetence - even if that is the reality - I suggest that it might be better to persuade them gently that you appreciate their professional asssistance in helping you out rather than shoving a stick up their noses! I cannot say that you should definitely do it this way because I do not know the cultural differences betweeen England and Russia very well.
Dear R (Write the full name) Yesterday my husband and I received our IELTS results (my husband and I took the exam on the 30th of August) and were very upset with our results. Firstly, because my husband got a rather low band mark for speaking, which seems strange taking into account the serious training for IELTS that he had had and the drastic difference between this mark and others. Besides, though the average score of (S who is S???). is rather high, the inadequate speaking band grade prevents us from applying for visa. That is why we are going to appeal for the revision of the speaking band section of he IELTS test as soon as possible. Please, inform us what we should do to have (write full name no S's) speaking re-сhecked. Yours faithfully, (write your whole name here)