irene
The best quote??? I value the friend who for me, finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar!!! Which is the best quote you know or you think fits you?
Well, Irene, thenk you for your question and overall for the quote! I love quotes and I've collected them for years - I have copybooks and copybooks filled with them, so how to choose the best one? And I read a lot of beautiful quotes here... However, one of my favourite is by Novalis: «Among all poisons, soul is the most powerful.» I like very much a scene of a fantasy novel by T. Pratchett: - You can be strong, can't you? - Yes, I suppose. - Good. And can you be weak too? Can you bend to wind tempest, can you bend to storm? Another quote I love is from Platone's Apology Of Socrates: «So it's time to go. I go to death, you to life. No one but God knows who goes to the best.» «... But more beautiful than all the others is the island we haven't found...» F. Guccini «The truth isn't in a dream, it's in many dreams.» P. P. Pasolini Finally, by Marjane Satrapi: «Laughing is the most subversive arm.» But there are so many ohers...
The best quote that suits me and one I try to live by is one from the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates 'Live honourably,treat others with respect and put your values into practice.'
I like this one: "The horizon of most people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view." - Albert Einstein It explains most conflicts we have in our world.
In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. (that's my prefered one!) -Aristotle-
I like your quote Irene, so much sense! Another one about friendship : "Without wearing any mask we are conscious of, we have a special face for each friend". - Oliver Wendell Holmes -