Faith
Do your country has Internal Security Act where the government can arrest people without trial? The act allows for the arrest and detention for an indefinite period of a suspect judged as "likely" to commit an act deemed dangerous to national security. Detainees can be held for 60 days without legal counsel, and preventive detention can then be renewed every two years.
At least he'll be gone soon, finally...
Sadly, in the USA this is also true. This concept is referred to as habeas corpus, or the right of a person to challenge one's detention (via trial). In the US constitution it is written "the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it." This is a good thing, AND, for most of US history this right was respected. But, it has in fact been commonly suspended by the current US president. Sigh.
I think KungFoo is right: Every country has it's methods of arresting you without a trial. But in some countries it's easier than in others, since you have to bend laws a little bit. I think that's also true for Germany (my country). But I have read a quotation lately by a man, who wants to change the current status of this subject: „Was die Chinesen können, sollten wir auch können. Da bin ich gern obrigkeitsstaatlich.“ - Dr. Hans-Peter Uhl (CSU) This means (free translation): We should be able to act, the way China already can act. On this topic I would gladly do, whatever the government tells me to do. He mentions this when talking of censorship of child pornography and computer games. (In fact I don't understand how he wants to compare GTA4, one of the games he wants to ban in Germany, to child pornography) But even so I think he goes too far!
No ,that is assault to human rights.and the discrimination against the legal system.
In Greece it is impossible to detain a suspect without an official charge of a crime and witnesses. A suspect may be detained overnight until presented to the court in the next morning in order for witnesses to testify. Still, unless the court rejects the charges he/she may not be allowed to leave the country. In case of homicide the suspect may be detained for days (usually less than a week).