Matt
Crucial Questions for Native Italian Speakers (part 2) This question is intended for people who are fluent in English and Italian. You know who you are. Time to put your skills to the test. I want to be able to say the following phrases in Italian: "Grappa comes in two flavors: Palatable and Gasoline. Choose wisely." "Do you think I have a shot at getting in as an act to this year's San Remo Music Festival?" "They banned smoking in all the bars? What's next? No drinking and no talking?" "Why are all the people here so skinny and attractive? Jesus I feel like a bridge troll. Everyone is looking at me like they can't safely pass my way without answering three questions." "My country exports our crappy food to your country. For some reason you seem not to mind. Soon we will be exporting our economy. I don't think that you'll be so chipper then." "While we're on the topic of exportation, how come obtaining illegal drugs is a cinch here in America but I can't find Grapello anywhere? What is this world coming to?"
Ne ho saltate un paio credo :-) "Grappa comes in two flavors: Palatable and Gasoline. Choose wisely." Ci sono due gusti di grappa: gradevole e benzina. Scegli attentamente. "They banned smoking in all the bars? What's next? No drinking and no talking?" Hanno vietato il fumo in tutti i bar? E poi? Ci vieteranno anche di bere e di parlare? (oppure: vieteranno anche l'alcool e le chiacchiere?) "My country exports our crappy food to your country. For some reason you seem not to mind. Soon we will be exporting our economy. I don't think that you'll be so chipper then." Il mio paese sta esportando il nostro cibo di merda nel vostro paese. Per qualche strana ragione sembrate non farci caso. Presto vi esporteremo anche la nostra economia. Non credo che sarete piu' tanto allegri allora. "While we're on the topic of exportation, how come obtaining illegal drugs is a cinch here in America but I can't find Grapello anywhere? What is this world coming to?" Gia' che siamo in argomento di esportazioni, come puo' essere che trovare droghe illegali qui in america sia uno scherzo, mentre non si riesce a trovare un Grapello da nessuna parte? Ma dove andremo a finire?
Oh Bro you the one!!!! Of course you have a shot about San remo's festival!!!! our governament banned smoking in all the bars and in all pubblic places since 2002/2001 i'dont remember exactly.... Have a nice day man!!! i'll answer to the rest of your questions soon !!!