why do amercians make small talk about how much they earn ?
Not only American Dude! Keep this in Mind: Never Ask a Man about his salary or a woman for her age.
You are right, Kippy. Many Americans do come right out and say, "How much is he worth?" I agree with Larry that it is not appropriate. Crass even. Having said that, stupid status symbols such as big expensive cars are the hallmarks of materialistic idiots worldwide, no matter where you look. Even in poor countries. And I also think that the reluctance to talk about money might be a refusal to concede how much it matters. To those that don't have it. Brian
actually, in the u.s.a., it is not considered appropriate to talk about how much money we make because that is considered to be a person's private business.
Maybe they r scared from envy!! :-D ............................. joking :-p Emm .. I agree with itlktiv; it depends on persons' characters ........would U tell me how much do U exactly earn on our 1st time chat eg ? .. If i were u I wouldn't :-p Thnx for the question kippy :-)) Take care,