Felomena
What do you thing I must visit in Japan? Next year (2009) I'm going to Japan for a couple of months. Most of the time I'm going to stay in Kyoto. But what else would you recommend to see?
If you're going to stay in Kyoto, it's better to go to Nara, Osaka and Kobe, which aren't that far from Kyoto. They have so many spots to see that I can't write all of them here. As far as I know, Himeji Castle, which is designated as a World Heritage, is popular among tourists from foreign countries, too. Todaiji Temple and Horyuji Temple in Nara are also worth seeing. And then, Miyajima in Hiroshima is famous for its sight. There you can see Itsukushima Shrine, which is also a World Heritage. Actually, Hiroshima is a little bid far from Kyoto and it costs you a lot, but you can buy a JR-free-pass if you come here as a tourist.
If you go to Kyoto, I recommend you visit Nara as well. There are many fine cultural heritages. Hokkaido (farthest north) and Okinawa (farthest south) are also good. If you like an urban atmosphere, Tokyo would be good. Since I live in Tokyo, if you come to Tokyo, I can meet up with you and may be able to take you around. :)
Hi.nice to meet you^^I from Kyoto. What one do you want to see?