Anka
What do you respect people for? If you do, then for what values? I ask especially my arabic friends, because maybee there is a huge (cultural?) difference between us. Just let me know.
for their morals
Respecting others implies respecting my self in first degree.
Unfortunately to Harregarre's point of view less intelligent people deserve life, knowledge and happiness. Hitler would have been so proud to have a son like Harregarre. Would you kill your retarded child Harregarre? Me not! I'd rather turn my arrogant son to biofuel. I respect people primarily for their peacefulness; as king David says : "with those seeking peace i was peaceful".
@Vasilis: Being peaceful is a sign of intelligence. Why did you immediately associate it with other things? I think that says more about you than about me. :)
I respect people if they are intelligent. Or, if they're not intelligent that they are at least sane enough to admit it and stay away from intellectual conversations.