what is the best way to improve oral english and listening comprehension ? i have learnt engish for some six years by self-training, but for i can find english native-speakers, to help me know if my oral expressions in english are right or not, i think it is a big problem for me to be confident of my oral expressions, so if i can't find an english native- speaker for the time being,what is the best way for me to improve it, it is useful,and important, thank you,
Hello, Here are some tips that might help you improve your oral English and listening skills. To improve your oral English you can apply several methods, of which to choose the most suitable for you ,that makes you learn easier and quicker .There is no best way, rather several ways to choose from the one that suits you better. Some of those methods are : -Reading at your current level of comprehension simple books , articles,magazines, online and offline. You can look up new words that come your way in the dictionary and write them down .By repeating and reading them now and then it helps you increase your vocabulary . -Listening to lyrics of songs in English ,watching movies in English etc all helps you get hold of the accent and learn new words and expressions . -Speaking with native English speakers will help you a lot catch the correct accent and increases your vocabulary and modes of expression. If you don't have the chance to mingle with native speakers in your country you can use online chatting programs such as italki to interact and voice chat with natives .It is a very effective way . -Doing any activity that involves using English such as games; Scrabble for example is a game where you build words using a crosswords-like board .It is entertaining and you can learn new words through it . You can look for similar ways to make learning fun! -Do some grammar exercising using grammar books or online grammar links such as : www.englishpage.com/ .That would be the theoretical exercise helping you to build correct sentences,then you can apply it by speaking ,reading and writing to better memorize it . Combining all or some of the above mentioned methods will help you learn and improve your english on the long run ,how long it takes will depend on how much effort and time you dedicate for learning Wish you luck and hope those tips were helpful :)
Here are a couple of good websites where you can hear them pronounce the words you want to learn in english: http://www.elllo.org/ and http://www.howjsay.com/ and http://shiporsheep.com if you need anything else just contact me.
well for English listening comprehension you could try listening to some songs in English, watching movies or television programs in English, or reading an audio book in English if you are able to get one for speaking English, you could repeat the words when watching a program in English However, the best approach is speaking to a native English speaker. I am a native English speaker. I was born in the United States. It may be possible that I can assist you in improving your oral English.