Richard
How many English words have the letter U on the end? The only ones I know are you, menu, thou, ecru and Urdu.
wow...i never count it...dont know.
It is very interesting question. Most of such words have french origion. One I found is beau which means someone like fan. Also words which I always forget to write correctly - chateau, bureau - they are pronounced "shato" and "burou".
Many many words have the letter "u" in them. Although it is certainly not the most common letter in the alphabet, it is a vowel and thus is a very important character to forming English words. For example, a common word prefix is "un" meaning to...well, undo something. For instance if you "untie your shoes" then that is the opposite of tieing. This alone will form many verbs, as it can be applied to most action verbs that fit the context. Also nearly every word that contains the letter Q will also contain a U. Also, many word in British English contain U's follow O's that are not used in American English (Colour, humour, etc). I suppose you could try counting as you learn new words, but I think you will quickly lose count! I'm not sure if there is even a definite way to answer this question realistically.