Adam
do people in english speaking countries (especially the younger generation) speak slang often nowadays ?
@马来司: Haha, great minds think alike. I was going to say: "You betcha!" @Adam: Yeah, people use slang a lot but it changes a lot like Hayley points out. Also, slang differs from social group to social group. Slang used by rappers is totally different from slang used by surf dudes or skaters for example. Don't be too scared of slang; you'll pick it up soon enough if you hang out with them. Peace out! :P
@ Harre: (peace out: A slang term telling someone good-bye, used with a hand gesture in which you pound your chest with your fist twice, then give the peace sign). And cool answer partner ;-) Thumb up. I agree with the buddies above, and I think that English isn't an exception. This phenomenon is found in any other language (at least the languages I know).
yes, it is proven that more than 50% of today's youth uses slang more than they do proper english
Yes very much. You can learn the lingo but it changes constantly. What you see on television and what you hear when you are socializing are a little different. But once you are around a certain group of people all the time, it would come naturally.
Definitely. But slang changes very quickly, so if you're learning slang terms, you should be sure they are current! Old slang sounds ridiculous.