teaching English in China I'm thinking of going to China to teach English and improve my Chinese. Do you have experience as an English teacher in China? Did you enjoy it? Why or why not? Did your Chinese improve? How do I find a good school to teach at?
Sep 28, 2008 4:43 PM
Answers · 6
Well...About your questions...I think the last one I can tell you something. Universities in China...At large, expect those top ones like Tshinghua, Peking University. They need foreign teachers, so it's relatively easy for you to find a job there. Usually Chinese students welcome foreign teachers especially from Europe and United States. It's better if the teacher is a female:) If you want to find a teaching job, I suggest you pay a visit to those universities' website first. Locate the HR department, send an application, including your CV. Of course it would be super if you have teaching certification in your country. At my experience, try to find some second-class universities first...you know that. There're few opportunities in top class universities of China...you know that...maybe. And another advantage of choosing second class universities is that you can gain experience in your CV when you want to jump into a better one. (But i saw you are studying in peking university, that's great...) English studying institutions is also a good idea, usually with prolific payment and potential opportunities of getting in companies...you know their target customers are company employees or managers. About Chinese improve...Well, I think you should know the term of "Immersion study". In such a great environment you don't have to worry about your Chinese, you got plenty of chances to practise. Cos you have to use and practise if you want to have a good life here...Like survive, huh?
September 28, 2008
I think teaching english and learning chinese these two parts are not easy to mix together. somehow.my point is the most part is hard to balance these.and if for basic spoken english and chinese would be ok.but to the read and write parts we need to learn in system.
September 29, 2008
I think you can go to the university or college to teach English. I'm a college student now, and I have a foreign teacher. We love our foreign teacher.Till now we had two foreign teachers, one is a lady and another is a young man.He is our foreign teacher now.It's said that he knew some about Chinese.So we like friends.But he never speak Chinese. If you come to China to teach English , you must be happy in here and you could improve your Chinese.
September 29, 2008
A friend of mine is from USA.She teach English 10 years。。。 Now,we can talk with Chinese
October 1, 2008
forgot to tell... now he is a businessman of real estate in the city of qingdao.
September 29, 2008
Show more
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!