Nahla Abdul Rahman
verbs in korean language........ peace be upon you.........i want to ask about the basic verbs in korean language.......i mean i english there are 3 verbss as i study v.to.be and v.to.have and v.to .do what are those verbs in korean and how can i make a right sentence...........please tell me
to be: 이다. eg This is my friend = 내 친구 이에요 (I think this is right. I read somewhere that sometimes, to be polite, Koreans say 우리 친구 이에요 (literally "this is our friend") instead.) to have: (noun/person who has it) + (topic marker) + (noun that they have) + 있다. I have a friend = 나는 친구 있어요. The topic marker is 는 after a vowel or 은 after a consonant. to do: 하다 Hope that helps. ^^
korean is a bit different with english in term of verbs. generally, verbs are divided into two groups, action verbs and descriptive verbs. the classification affects the predicated affixes in grammatical transformation. "to be" takes from as "이다" in korean language. however, one should carefully differentiate its usage with "있다" which literally means "to exist". "있다" is inclined to representing spatial objects although it can also be used to reflect possession (to have) as explained below. "to have" in korean language can be represented in two ways. first is by using "갖고 있다" or "가지고 있다" to refer to possession on things currently carried on with the speaker. the second is by using "있다" but someone should emphasize the subject for the possession. example: 이다 제가 외국인 이다 (i'm a foreigner) 있다 제가 외국인 여서 외국인등록증이 있어요 (i'm a foreigner hence i have foreigner registration card) 제가 외국인 여서 외국인등록증을 갖고 있어요 (i'm a foreigner hence i have (and keep) foreigner registration card) 외국인들은 외국인등록증이 있어요 (foreigners have foreigner registration cards -> emphasis on subject) descriptive verb: 날씨가 좋아요 (the weather is nice) action verb 이런 날씨를 좋아해요 (i like this kind of weather) from both verb usage example, you may infer that action verb needs object to be inflicted in the action without explicitly exposing the subject. however, descriptive verb may simply need subject for the description.
I'm not sure what you're trying to ask, but are you asking about, verb endings? To have/To exist = 있다...you change it to 있어요 or something like that when using it in a sentence Future Verb Tense = 할 거에요 I'm also studying korean so, if anyone would like to correct me on this =)