ejang
What kind of word when i left New York to come to San Francisco five years ago, i had many conflicting emotions. During my first year in San Francisco, I wondered whether I did the right thing by leaving. After living here for five years, I now realize that I made the right decision. What kind of word is 'living' this sentence? None or Verb? when i use this words 'After have been living here' the meaning is different?
In that sentence that you used, the term "LIVING" would be a noun. 1.) "After living here for five years" and 2.)"After have been living here" the first one is used present to past tense. while the second one is past to future tense. [confused? well lets put it this way, the term AFTER AND BEEN are both past tense therefore, you used that phrase and made it a double negative.] which makes both sentences completely different ^^ I hope this answers your question and able to solve your curiosity. (I'm not sure if its correct, but i tried... hehe)
After living here for five years, I now realize that I made the right decision. (VERB ) The second one is the same in meaning
base on the your sentences: leaving-(verb)means left, depart or went away living- (verb)means being in one's position right now at this moment..
In the first sentence "living" is a noun. In the second is a verb and it is the same meaning really.