SplinterCell_Dave
Friendship Hello, I was wondering what words I can call my Georgian friend who speaks Russian with strong, heartfelt meanings? I'm extremely grateful for his help in my studies and want to surprise him with a friendly greeting. I know and feel the words приятель and друг are too informal for address.
Dec 27, 2015 11:47 AM
5
1
Say this: Гамарджоба генацвале!
December 27, 2015
Hello, how are you? I hope you're fine. If you want to make more formal greeting or address, you may use such turns as: 1. "Дорогой ..." - "Dear ... " - very informal 2. " Привет дружище, как поживаешь? " - Hi buddy, how are you doing? - informal or 3. "Уважаемый .." - You use this if you want to be very formal and you want to show your respect to that person.
December 27, 2015
Привет дружище, как поживаешь? Здарова чувак, какие дела? :) Be careful with the second one, use this if he has a good sense of humor :)
December 27, 2015
Hello! If you want to make more formal greeting or address, you may use such turns as: "Дорогой ..." or "Уважаемый .." (a bit more formal). They are both polite and heartfelt. You may use them even for formal purposes.
December 27, 2015
SplinterCell_Dave
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Russian, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), French, Russian