Pelin
Ar these sentences all OK? I heard some taps downstairs. I might not get it back if I give it to him. The champagne was flowing like water. You can bring houseguest if you like.
Dec 27, 2015 12:04 PM
2
0
I heard some taps downstairs. - This sentence is fine, however, we would often use the gerund 'tapping' I HEARD SOME TAPPING DOWNSTAIRS ****************************************************************** I might not get it back if I give it to him. - This sentence is fine and a comma before the word 'if' is NOT required. - If I give it to him, I might not get it back. See the rule below: THE RULE: Commas with Conditional Sentences Use a comma if the if clause is at the beginning of the sentence. Example: If I go to London, I will visit the Tower. Don’t use a comma if the if clause is at the end of the sentence. Example: I will visit the Tower if I go to London. ********************************************************************* The champagne was flowing like water. - Perfect, no change required. *********************************************************************** You can bring houseguest if you like. - You can bring A houseguest if you like. / You can bring a houseguest if you wish. NB: A comma is NOT required before the word 'if'... see the rule above.
December 27, 2015
I might not get it back, if I give it to him. = just add comma. You can bring a houseguest, if you like.= added "a" and a comma.
December 27, 2015
Pelin
English, Turkish