zhanghongxiang
how to understand the " Already a huge weight has been lifted from my heavy worned down shoulders"? I roll them out and they are really cool. They are navy and white striped, and a lovely thick curtain material but not one bit itchy. Already a huge weight has been lifted from my heavy worned down shoulders. I mean, I’d still prefer not to go, but at least nowI have something to wear.
Dec 28, 2015 8:40 AM
1
0
Already a huge weight has been lifted from my heavy worned down shoulders. The idiom used here is "a weight off your shoulders",and it means to be relieved of a burden, usually A WORRY or concern, that has been troubling you for some time . Normally , its used this way : I feel as if a "weight has been lifted off of my shoulders". Your used ' my heavy worned down shoulders" , and its just for emphasis : to imply that even before having to worry what to wear , you already have other worries to think about,which you can deduct when he added ," AT LEAST now I have something to wear."
December 28, 2015
zhanghongxiang