godttala
Question about some parts of this YouTube video (Asian Parents) I need to translate this video, but there are some parts I can't hear clearly. What did the man say at 0:09 and 0:24 in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myou629Dk68 It sounds like: 1. I will definitely bring that "kind of course". (If it's correct, does it mean "meal"?) 2. It's kind of "making a big deal". (If it's correct, does it mean "very important"?)
Dec 28, 2015 9:12 AM
7
0
"I'll definitely bring the kettle cord." This isn't as absurd as it sounds, as the cord for an electric kettle used to also be the same cord for older home computers. Same plug! This also hints to an attentive listener that the guy is talking to an older person. ;) "So, he's kind of making it a big deal." Yes, he whispers "he's", but it's definitely there. You're right in thinking that it means something important.
December 28, 2015
I will definitely bring that kind of course. > He will definitely make sure the kind of dishes will be there when the guest arrive . It's kind of "making a big deal".> It is , to an extent , making it seems important. Very big deal > very important > He lost the opportunity , but its not a very big deal to him.
December 28, 2015
Thank you!
December 28, 2015
I can't hear the first one. The second one is "He's kind of making it a big deal." To make something a big deal means to exaggerate the seriousness of something. So this sentence means that his dad is treating this occasion (entire family in town) seriously.
December 28, 2015
godttala
Chinese (Taiwanese), English, Japanese, Russian
English, Japanese, Russian