Community Web Version Now Available
guys, what is the right way: I study at university or I study in university?
Dec 28, 2015 6:39 PM
Answers · 4
American style: "I'm in college."
December 28, 2015
Yes, I agree with Su.Ki., but I don't think native speakers normally say "I study at university." I am trying to think of an occasion when one would say this but can think of none. When asked, "What do you do?", one would respond, "I am at university" or "I am a university student" and not "I study at university."
December 28, 2015
I study at university.
December 28, 2015
The correct preposition is "at," but remember that Americans use the article "the" when discussing universities and hospitals. So an American would say, "He's in the hospital" or "She's studying at the university."
December 28, 2015
Language Skills
Czech, English, German, Russian
Learning Language
Czech, English, German