Riderman
Answer vs Response Whats the diference between Answer vs Response? When use Answer and when use Response?
Dec 28, 2015 6:52 PM
5
0
The verb 'to respond' and the noun 'response' are more general than the verb 'to answer' or the noun 'answer'. 2 An answer is a type of response. An answer is usually verbal ("Yes", "No", and so on) and is a reply to a question. For example, if you say 'What time is it?' and I say 'It's 3 o'clock', this is a question and an answer. A response doesn't have to be verbal, and a response doesn't have to be a reply to a question. For example, if you smile at someone and they smile back at you, this is a 'response.' It isn't an answer.
December 28, 2015
Answer is verb Response is noun
December 28, 2015
To Su.Ki.'s answer I'd add this. Consider these sentences. "Someone asked me the question, 'does Rio de Janeiro observe summer time?' I found the ________ in Wikipedia." Only one of your two words can possibly fill in the blank: "answer." An answer simply exists in itself. A response always involves an interaction between two people, and a time sequence. A response only happens because a question was asked.
December 28, 2015
They are mostly interchangeable, but not entirely because ‘answer’ is both a noun and a verb, but ‘response’ is only a noun. It has a similar verb (respond) but you can’t use ‘response’ as a verb. I answer the question. I have an answer. I respond to the question. I have a response. However, in terms of their meanings, they mean almost exactly the same thing.
December 28, 2015
To me, they are almost identical vocabulary that can be used interchangeably.
December 28, 2015
Riderman
English, Portuguese